Home Electrical Safety

Start 2022 off safely by making your home electrically safe! Almost every week, Branham Electric’s technicians visit a residence to troubleshoot a light not working. Too often, we find the homeowner has plugged the light into an extension cord to reach an outlet. We find something sitting on the extension cord or the cord being pulled too tight behind furniture to reach the outlet. Again, too often, we find the extension cord’s rubber jacket cut and bare wires exposed. These wires result in sparking and burning of the extension cord. This situation is not only a fire hazard but causes the light to quite working.

Below is the Electrical Safety Foundation’s (EFSi) Home Electrical Safety pdf. We hope you take the time to check your residence and make sure it is electrically safe for your family. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give Branham Electric a call – (636) 926-2001.

Click here for a copy of EFSi’s Home Electrical Safety.

The Electrical Safety Foundation offers many electrical safety pdfs and tips. Here’s a link to their website: https://www.esfi.org/home-safety/.


You may also like

Happy New Year 2022

Happy New Year 2022

Remembering George

Remembering George