What’s the scariest thing you’ve seen this Halloween season? That new movie playing in theaters? Your neighbor’s decorations? A prediction of an impending zombie apocalypse? The apparent death of your favorite TV character?
We don’t want to scare you even more, but some of the most frightening things we’ve seen see are related to electricity. Electrical projects completed by individuals who are not properly trained pose great risk to homes and businesses alike. Because we’ve seen some very scary situations, we want to bring awareness to the issue of electrical safety.
Each Friday, we will be posting a #BranhamNoNo picture, a basic “what not to do” in regards to electricity. Though some may make you chuckle, we caution that these unsafe situations are no laughing matter. We invite you to post a #BranhamNoNo picture of your own; be sure to use the hashtag (#) and tag us. You may just find your picture featured in our weekly posts!
Is there a #BranhamNoNo where you are? We certainly hope not, but just in case here are some areas to consider:
- If you are bringing out your electric blanket for the winter, carefully inspect the wires and make sure they are no breaks or cuts in the wire coating. If you see any it’s time for a new electric blanket.
- Same for any holiday string of lights; carefully inspect them for cuts and breaks.
- Water + Electricity is a shockingly dangerous mixture. Make sure that electrical appliances are located away from sinks and showers.
- Any lose wires anywhere. Especially be sure to check in your outdoor areas or any indoor space where critters may be messing with your wiring.
- Going on vacation anytime soon? Not all countries have the same codes as we do in the states, you may see some interesting electrical hookups elsewhere throughout the globe.
We will always suggest safety first. Give us a call at 636-926-1001 to schedule a time for us to come out and look around and make sure your home is safe, free and clear of the #BranhamNoNo.